Objectives and competences
- Acquire the knowledge and skills required to manage patients with aesthetic imperfections, or what the patient considers imperfections, congenital or acquired, in healthcare and in the management of care and services that help to attain better physical, mental and personal wellness.
- Receive professional training in the area of aesthetic medicine and wellness.
- Acquire a solid theoretical and practical grounding and a global understanding of the different areas related to body image and well-being.
- Learn how to identify areas of intervention as a fundamental part of care for patients who wish to improve their image and self-esteem.
- As a doctor who works or wants to work in the area of aesthetic medicine and wellbeing, to gain knowledge and skills for managing patients who, in the healthcare area, require assistance services to improve physical, mental and personal wellbeing.
- To understand the importance of integral, preventive and predictive care in aesthetic medicine as a patient care model, and to learn about new approaches to prevention and care.
- To gain solid theoretical and practical training that provides an overview of areas of image and wellbeing, and to identify areas of intervention as a fundamental part of caring for patients who want to improve their image, wellbeing and self-esteem.
- To learn good professional practices in the field of aesthetic medicine in order to establish models of excellence in patient care.
- To learn the main treatment techniques applicable in aesthetic medicine, and to further knowledge of the basic biological processes that facilitate understanding of the cause and scientific bases of ageing and aesthetic imperfections.
-To understand methodological and conceptual principles to design research and education processes and to design clinical studies on the various techniques used in aesthetic medicine.
- To gain knowledge and skills in organisational and medical-legal aspects of clinical practice in aesthetic medicine.