|Faculty or school||University School of Hospitality and Tourism (affiliated center)|
|Branch of knowledge|
|Mode of delivery||Presencial, Semipresencial|
|Number of places available||115 of face-to-face learning and 40 of blended learning|
|Length of course||1 academic year|
|Coordination||ESCOLA UNIVERSITARIA D'HOTELERIA I TURISME CETT|
|Lead to doctoral studies||Yes|
|Admission for applicants not holding a degree qualification||No|
Objectives and competences
- Make strategic and operational decisions in dynamic and agile contexts.
- Internalize management models based on sustainable criteria in the social, economic, and environmental fields.
- Make the most of the opportunities offered by digitalization. Both for its commercialization, as well as to undertake and create specific products and services.
- To design and implement commercial strategies that give answer to new opportunities in emerging businesses from the sector.
- Coordinate and drive the commercial activity in Hospitality businesses.
- To adapt the management style in the direction of the different situational contexts within the company.
- Optimize the management of the economic resources in Hospitality companies.
- Evaluate investments and take decisions on new projects while managing and controlling the associated risks.
- To define the policies necessary for accomplishing the objectives derived from the strategic analysis of the business.
- Plan, coordinate and control the operations and services in all management areas of Hospitality organizations.
- Develop the digital skills necessary for the management of the information for the business.
Access and admission
Applicant profile and access requirements
Recommended applicant profile
- Ability to design and implement commercial strategies for new business opportunities in the sector.
- Ability to coordinate and lead the commercial activity in hotel and catering companies.
- Ability to optimize economic, financial, and human resources.
- Ability to evaluate investments and make decisions on new projects, managing and controlling the associated risks.
- Ability to define the necessary policies in line with the strategic objectives of the project.
- Ability to develop digital skills for business management.
- Ability to identify, pose or solve a problem in a relevant and creative way.
Access requirements and conditions
According to the Royal Decree 1393/2007, article 16, established on October 29th, in order to access the university master's degree studies, applicants must have one of the following degrees:
- A Spanish university degree studies.
- A degree issued by an EHEA educational institution that allows, in the country of issuance, the access to a university master's degree.
- A degree issued outside the EHEA. In this case, it is a requirement to be in possession of either an officially recognized studies' degree from a Spanish university or the previous authorization by the University of Barcelona in that identifies the studies as equivalent to a Spanish university degree that allows, in the country of issuance, the access to a university master's degree. The acceptance to university master's degree studies does not imply the homologation of the previous degree nor the recognition in any other regards than the ability to apply to the master's.
' Associate's Degree in Tourism or the corresponding Technician in Tourism Companies and Activities degree
No complementary training required
' Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics
The established complementary training is required; courses belonging to the Tourism Degree at the EUHT CETT-UB.
Courses established as complementary training for the master's: Accommodations Management 6 ECTS (students in the Hospitality Management specialization),Restaurant Management 6 ECTS (students in the Restaurant Management specialization) and Economic and Financial Management of Tourism Companies 6 ECTS (students in both specializations).
CalendarThe pre-enrolment period opens as of January and closes, at the latest, in September. Each centre and each master's degree can establish their specific periods within this general period.
- Pre-enrolment fee: A pre-enrolment fee of 30,21 euros is charged. Students who apply to more than one master's degree must pay the fee for each pre-enrolment request. Pre-enrolment requests cannot be processed until this fee has been paid.Fees will only be refunded if the master's degree in question is suspended.
- Reserved places: A maximum of 5% of the new places of the master's degree are reserved for students who meet the general and specific access requirements and accredit the recognition of a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%.
Students that, once informed, choose to proceed with admission must follow this procedure:
- Submit the application form hosted in the CETT-UB website: Via the application form, where all the information must be submitted, as well as the required documents in order to be considered for admission: resume/CV and transcripts (information that will be verified by the Admissions Committee).
- Language test: The admissions process requires the completion of a language test in order to validate the candidate's knowledge of the language in which the degree will be taught. The number of students that come from countries that do not speak Spanish natively has increased over the years. For a correct development of the classes, it is indispensable to have knowledge of the Spanish language at a certain oral and written level. It's for this reason that, before admission, candidates that come from a country that does not speak Spanish natively must pass a test that will certify their language level.
The test has the following parts:
- Oral Expression and Understanding (60%)
- Written Expression and Understanding (40%)
NotificationOnce the secretary's office has the confirmation of admission from the master's coordinator we will send the admission letter, via ordinary mail and email.
As a general rule, at the UB you will be required to enrol online via the Món UB portal. To find out the date and time you have been assigned, check the specific information for your course. Remember that you can lose your place if you do not enrol on the day you have been assigned.
- Documents required for enrolment
- Procedure to formalize enrolment
- After enrolment
- Grants and financial aid
Support and guidance
Pre-enrolment information and events
Subjects and course plans
Distribution of credits
|Compulsory final project||15|
List of subjects
|Specialization: BC for admission to the Master's Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management|
|Economic and Financial Management of Tourism Companies||Compulsory||6|
|Management in the Restaurant Industry||Optional||6|
Placements in a company or another type of organization are an integral part of university studies, providing first-hand experience of working methodologies in students' chosen professional fields. They offer invaluable practical experience for the transition into work after graduation.
Placements are supervised by tutors and subject to assessment. They are therefore included in the academic record. There is also an option to complete non-curricular placements of up to 500 hours, which can be extended to 900 hours. For both curricular and non-curricular placements, an educational cooperation agreement is signed between the UB and the company, institution or other organization at which the placement will be carried out.