Objectives and competences
With this master's degree, you will acquire the necessary skills to create and launch new tourism products, apply new technologies to innovate in tourism companies and destinations, and finally, design products and services to compete in the international market.
The master's degree has three specialization routes that will allow you to delve into different areas according to your interests and motivations.
- Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation in Tourism
- Digital Transformation of Tourism Businesses and Experiences
- Internationalization of Tourism Companies
As a CETT student you will enjoy all the advantages that the school offers you as well as those of the UB: an extensive catalog of databases to consult documents, reports and scientific articles, among others. You will also have free access to the entire digital library of resources of the World Tourism Organization.
Objectives and competences
- The main objective of the Master's is to provide you with the knowledge and tools necessary for the development and launch of tourism projects. Such tools will help you work in competitive environments characterized by innovation, technological evolution, digital transformation, and the dynamics inherent to globalization and sustainability.
- Knowing the tools and knowledge for creating and adapting products and services based on the opportunities that the evolution of the tourism market offers, mainly thanks to technological development, both from an intrapreneurial and entrepreneurial perspective.
- Developing the necessary skills for project management. Learn to work using the most commonly used project management methodologies in the company (Waterfall, Lean, Agile, Kanban, Scrum, etc.) and master the instruments and tools for their development and implementation.
- Acquiring the necessary skills to define customer relationship systems that optimize their value by developing innovative experiences.
- Developing the professional skills necessary for active participation in a company's integral digitalization implies revising its business model, processes, and cultural adaptation aspects.
- Acquiring the necessary skills to define policies and objectives of internationalization of tourism companies, linked to the development and launching of entrepreneurial tourism projects to a global market.
- Capacity to develop a strategic vision of the tourism company that allows generating and identifying market opportunities linked to innovation in product, process, or business model nationally and internationally.
- Capacity to prepare the business plan of a tourism project.
- Ability to know and analyze the structure of a company's economic-financial statements, assess its viability, and make future forecasts for its development.
- Ability to design and implement strategic and operative marketing and communication plans for the market launch of new tourism projects.
- Capacity to organize and plan the development and launch of tourism projects.
- Capacity to anticipate activities oriented to specific results and establish mechanisms to evaluate their achievement.
- Ability to define and develop an effective process for the creation of new tourism products.
- Ability to imagine different original and creative possibilities when faced with a situation or problem.
- Capacity to learn how to obtain external and internal financing sources to create new companies or business projects in tourism.
- Know how to use the appropriate technological applications for market research, analytics, and metrics, in digital environments as a basis for achieving the goals of the business strategy.
- Capacity to identify new technologies that impact the tourism business and formulate the appropriate technological strategy for developing tourism projects in the digital environment.
- Capacity to learn how to implement a business innovation system and use the appropriate methodologies in different organizations.
- Capacity to analyze and compare the central international policies and regulations that apply to the launch of tourism projects and expansion of tourism businesses.
- Capacity to identify tourism companies' growth potential by proposing and evaluating the different modalities and instruments to expand the tourism business at the international level and launch new projects.
- Capacity to evaluate and predict behaviors and trends in the different types of tourism markets and consumers.
- Capacity to understand the principles of business ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and sustainability.
Applicant profile and access requirements
Recommended applicant profile
This Master's is aimed at entrepreneurs, intra-entrepreneurs, professionals, and university graduates interested in tourism's enormous potential, who wish to develop their executive skills linked to developing and launching innovative projects.
Access requirements and conditions
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
· An official Spanish degree.
· A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
· A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
The pre-registration period opens from January and closes, at the latest, in September. Each center and each master can establish their specific periods in this general period.
- Pre-enrolment fee: A pre-enrolment fee of 30,21 euros is charged. Students who apply to more than one master's degree must pay the fee for each pre-enrolment request. Pre-enrolment requests cannot be processed until this fee has been paid.Fees will only be refunded if the master's degree in question is suspended.
- Reserved places: A maximum of 5% of the new places of the master's degree are reserved for students who meet the general and specific access requirements and accredit the recognition of a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%.
Photocopy of degree certificate or equivalent qualification. In case of admission, foreign degrees that require so should be translated and authenticated through diplomatic channels before completing the enrolment.
As a general rule, at the UB you will be required to enrol online. Remember that you can lose your place if you do not enrol on the day you have been assigned
Placements in a company or another type of organization are an integral part of university studies, providing first-hand experience of working methodologies in students' chosen professional fields. They offer invaluable practical experience for the transition into work after graduation.
Placements are supervised by tutors and subject to assessment. They are therefore included in the academic record. There is also an option to complete non-curricular placements of up to 500 hours, which can be extended to 900 hours. For both curricular and non-curricular placements, an educational cooperation agreement is signed between the UB and the company, institution or other organization at which the placement will be carried out.