The UB offers

The UB offers a variety of training activities: face-to-face and online courses, and informal learning activities.

​​​​​​​We also offer the possibility to certify your knowledge of other languages: you can take courses, take an accreditation test or, if you already hold a B2 certificate, incorporate it into your academic record.
crai ub

Learn languages at the UB

Check out the different options for learning languages and accrediting language proficiency at the UB. You will also find a general description of the levels defined in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and information on their equivalence to other language certificates.

Certify your language skills

There are three ways to accredit your language knowledge:

  1. Take a course and obtain a certificate of your level.
  2. Take an accreditation test. Consult all of the accreditation tests that are available at the UB.
  3. Take your certificate to the Secretary's Office, if you know a language at a B2 level or higher.

Si ets PDI, pots introduir les teves competències en llengües al teu Curricul@

Si ets PAS, pots introduir les teves competències en llengües al teu currículum (personal en línia)

Acreditation (students)

  • The European Diploma Supplement(SET) is a document that adds information to an official degree certificate. It includes a description of the nature, level, context, content and language skills in the degree, to increase the transparency of higher education qualifications.
  • The electronic European Language Portfolio (e-ELP) is the digital version of this document, promoted by the European Council. In the portfolio, students can record their experiences of learning languages and cultures and reflect on them. The e-ELP has three sections: the language passport, the language biography and the dossier.
  • The Europass is a personal, coordinated record comprised of five documents that can be used to communicate and present language ability, qualifications and certificates clearly and easily. Two of these documents could be of use to you: the CV and the language passport.