Objectives and competences
|Faculty or school||Faculty of Chemistry|
|Branch of knowledge|
|Mode of delivery||Presencial|
|Length of course||2 academic years|
|Coordination||MIGUEL ESTEBAN CORTADA|
|Lead to doctoral studies||Yes|
|Admission for applicants not holding a degree qualification||No|
|Main university||Universitetet I Bergen|
Objectives and competences
Access and admission
Applicant profile and access requirements
Recommended applicant profile
Access requirements and conditionsIn accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/29 October 2007, students must hold one of the following qualifications to access university master's degree courses:
- An official Spanish degree.
- A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
- A qualification from outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, the qualification should be recognized as equivalent to an official Spanish degree. If it is not recognized, the University of Barcelona shall verify that it corresponds to a level of education that is equivalent to official Spanish degrees and that it authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
CalendarThe pre-enrolment period opens as of January and closes, at the latest, in September. Each centre and each master's degree can establish their specific periods within this general period.
As a general rule, at the UB you will be required to enrol online. Remember that you can lose your place if you do not enrol on the day you have been assigned
- Documents required for enrolment
- Procedure to formalize enrolment
- Grants and financial aid (in Catalan)
- Economic information (in Catalan)
Subjects and course plans
Distribution of credits
|Compulsory final project||30|
List of subjects
|Specialization: Erasmus Mundus Master in Quality in Analytical Laboratories|
|Calibration and Verification||Optional||1st semester||2|
|Entrepreneurial and Leadership Skills||Optional||2nd semester||2|
|Institutional or Company Placement||Compulsory||1st semester||15|
|Jobseeking Strategies||Optional||1st semester||2|
|Laboratory Audits (EN ISO 19011)||Optional||2nd semester||2|
|Mass Spectrometry and Hybrid Techniques||Optional||2nd semester||2|
|Proficiency Testing Schemes and Certified Reference Materials||Optional||2nd semester||2|
|Sampling and Sample Processing||Compulsory||1st semester||2|
|Statistical Tests and Analysis of Variance||Optional||1st semester||2|
Placements in a company or another type of organization are an integral part of university studies, providing first-hand experience of working methodologies in students' chosen professional fields. They offer invaluable practical experience for the transition into work after graduation.
Placements are supervised by tutors and subject to assessment. They are therefore included in the academic record. There is also an option to complete non-curricular placements of up to 500 hours, which can be extended to 900 hours. For both curricular and non-curricular placements, an educational cooperation agreement is signed between the UB and the company, institution or other organization at which the placement will be carried out.