Objectives and competences
|Faculty or school||Faculty of Psychology|
|Branch of knowledge|
|Mode of delivery|
|Number of places available||40|
|Length of course||2 academic years|
|Approximate price per credit||27.67 euros per credit (82 euros for students who are not EU nationals and do not currently reside in Spain). Fees for the academic year 2022-2023|
|Coordination||ANA ENGEL ROCAMORA|
|Lead to doctoral studies||Yes|
|Admission for applicants not holding a degree qualification||No|
|Main university||Universitat Barcelona|
Objectives and competences
The inter-university master's degree in Educational Psychology offers three learning pathways associated with different profiles:
- Psychoeducational Intervention. Students choosing this profile develop the ability to plan and carry out psychoeducational interventions with a high degree of specificity to individual cases, group cases or institutional situations. Professional practices are considered from a lifelong perspective.
- Psychoeducational Intervention in Secondary Education. Students choosing this profile develop the ability to plan and carry out innovation actions at different levels of secondary school organization involving different agents (management teams, teachers, students, families), transforming secondary education institutions in a move towards a system consistent with the new learning ecology.
- Psychoeducational Research. Students choosing this profile develop the ability to generate high-quality scientific knowledge, to carry out and critically analyse studies in highly specific areas, to create, analyse and disseminate scientific information, and to offer qualified education in the field of educational psychology.
By the end of the programme, successful students will have acquired the following general and specific competences related to these profiles:
- Capacity to evaluate the psychological processes of human development and learning, in both normal and atypical cases, from the first months of life to old age, related to participation in educational activities and practices of diverse natures.
- Ability to collect, record, analyse and evaluate data and information and generate new knowledge about learning processes in formal and informal educational contexts.
- Capacity for evaluation and intervention in the psychological processes involved in the development of educational practices, in order to facilitate and promote the learning process and the development of participants and to help improve the performance and organization of the institutions involved.
Access and admission
Applicant profile and access requirements
Recommended applicant profileAcademic background in educational psychology or psychology and education at llicenciatura or bachelor's degree level, or at least three years' professional experience in the field of psychology or education.
Knowledge of foreign languages, in particular English, at level B2 or higher of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Advanced user-level ICT skills.
Access requirements and conditionsGeneral requirements
In accordance with Article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, of 29 October, students wishing to be admitted to a university master's degree must hold one of the following qualifications:
' Official Spanish university degree.
' A degree issued by a higher education institution within the European Higher Education Area framework that authorizes the holder to access university master's degree courses in the country of issue.
' A qualification issued by an institution outside the framework of the European Higher Education Area. In this case, applicants must request homologation of the degree to its equivalent official Spanish university qualification or obtain express approval from the University of Barcelona, which will conduct a study of equivalence to ensure that the degree is of a comparable level to an official Spanish university qualification and that it grants access to university master's degree study in the country of issue. Admission shall not, in any case, imply that prior qualifications have been recognized as equivalent to a Spanish master's degree and does not confer recognition for any purposes other than that of admission to the master's degree course.
To access the MIPE, candidates must hold a bachelor's degree, pre-EHEA degree (llicenciatura) or its equivalent in:
- Teacher Training
- Education Sciences
- Social Education
- Educational Psychology
- Social and Cultural Anthropology
- Audiovisual Communication
- Other equivalent qualifications may be considered (after evaluation of the candidates' academic records).
In addition, the following requirements must be met:
- Proof of academic training in one of the qualifications listed in the admission requirements or, if the candidate does not have one of these qualifications, over three years of proven professional experience in the area of psychology or education.
- Proof of knowledge of foreign languages, particularly English, at level B2 or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
- Proof of knowledge and command of information and communication technologies at advanced user level.
The Coordination Committee for the MIPE is responsible for the admission process. After an evaluation of the candidates' academic records, it will identify those who do not have the specific training in psychology and education required to access the course, and may require candidates to take up to twenty-four credits in bridging courses, to ensure that they get the most out of the programme.
CalendarFirst period: 3 April - 12 May 2023.
Notification of resolutions: 1 - 5 June.
Second period: 15 May - 23 June 2023.
Notification of resolutions: 4 - 10 July.
- Pre-enrolment fee: A pre-enrolment fee of 30,21 euros is charged. Students who apply to more than one master's degree must pay the fee for each pre-enrolment request. Pre-enrolment requests cannot be processed until this fee has been paid.Fees will only be refunded if the master's degree in question is suspended.
- Reserved places: A maximum of 5% of the new places of the master's degree are reserved for students who meet the general and specific access requirements and accredit the recognition of a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%.
- Pre-enrolment application
- Photocopy of degree certificate or equivalent qualification. In case of admission, foreign degrees that require so should be translated and authenticated through diplomatic channels before completing the enrolment.
- Other specific documentation related to the selection criteria
Selection criteriaThe Committee will examine the certificates and documents submitted by candidates as proof of their knowledge, training and previous experience, and will assess their merits according to the following criteria:
- Curriculum vitae:
- Studies (maximum three points).
- Other related studies (master's degrees, courses, seminars, etc.) (maximum 1 point).
- Command of languages (in addition to Catalan): in particular, English, French and German (maximum 1 point).
- Knowledge of ICT at advanced user level (maximum 1 point).
- Other specific merits and work experience relating to educational psychology (maximum 1 point).
- Studies (maximum three points).
- Academic record for the qualification used for admission (maximum 2 points).
- Cover letter explaining interest in taking the master's degree (maximum 1 point).
NotificationOnce the academic records have been evaluated, the Coordination Committee for the MIPE shall rule on applications for admission and inform candidates of the decision in writing, first via email and then via a formal acceptance letter sent in the post. The Committee shall also be responsible for managing any complaints or reviewing the decisions if requested by candidates.
As a general rule, at the UB you will be required to enrol online. Remember that you can lose your place if you do not enrol on the day you have been assigned
- Documents required for enrolment
- Procedure to formalize enrolment
- Grants and financial aid (in Catalan)
- Economic information (in Catalan)
Subjects and course plans
Distribution of credits
|Compulsory final project||10|
List of subjects
List of spring and autumn teaching staff on a current course
Placements in a company or another type of organization are an integral part of university studies, providing first-hand experience of working methodologies in students' chosen professional fields. They offer invaluable practical experience for the transition into work after graduation.
Placements are supervised by tutors and subject to assessment. They are therefore included in the academic record. There is also an option to complete non-curricular placements of up to 500 hours, which can be extended to 900 hours. For both curricular and non-curricular placements, an educational cooperation agreement is signed between the UB and the company, institution or other organization at which the placement will be carried out.