|Faculty or school||Faculty of Fine Arts|
|Branch of knowledge||History of art and artistic expression, and fine arts, Education sciences|
|Mode of delivery||Presencial|
|Number of places available||30|
|Length of course||2 academic years|
|Language(s) of instruction||Spanish - Catalan - English|
|Approximate price per credit||27.67 euros per credit (82 euros for students who are not EU nationals and do not currently reside in Spain). Fees for the academic year 2021-2022|
|Coordination||JOSE AURELIO CASTRO VARELA|
|Lead to doctoral studies||Yes|
|Admission for applicants not holding a degree qualification||No|
|Main university information||Master's degree course homepage|
|Main university||Universitat Granada|
Objectives and competences
- The narratives, disciplinary discourse, policies and institutional practises that make up the history of arts teaching and education.
- The areas in which arts teaching and education meet contemporary approaches to innovation and creativity.
- The contributions and alternatives deriving from the combined efforts of arts, education and community to address emerging social issues.
- The contributions that information technologies can make to arts education and teaching.
- The strategies by which educational developments can be analysed and transformed using a critical understanding of narratives, works and artistic discourse.
- The means by which to conduct research and intervention projects in arts teaching and education in different social and cultural contexts.
- Contextualise and analyse tendencies and approaches in visual arts teaching and education from social and historical perspectives.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the manner in which the preoccupations of the literature are reflected in various representations of visual arts teaching and education.
- Distinguish between contrasting methodological approaches to the preparation of research work on cultural practices in visual arts teaching and education.
- Design and conduct social and institutional intervention projects in this field.
- Manage arts-related training and educational projects in different institutional and community contexts;
- Design arts-related training and educational materials in virtual and analogical frameworks;
- Demonstrate ability in research methods studying the discourse of proposals made in visual arts teaching and education.
Access and admission
Applicant profile and access requirements
Recommended applicant profile
Access requirements and conditionsGiven the interdisciplinary nature of this master's degree program, applicants are not required to have qualifications in one particular study area. Training and experience in visual arts teaching and education is recommended but not essential.
The following degree qualifications are considered particularly suitable for the program:
- fine arts;
- education and teacher training;
- history of art;
- audiovisual communication;
- other similar official degrees (although such applicants may be recommended to complete the train-up module)
Bachelor's degree or similar qualification.
CalendarThe pre-enrolment period opens as of January and closes, at the latest, in September. Each centre and each master's degree can establish their specific periods within this general period.
- Pre-enrolment fee: A pre-enrolment fee of 30,21 euros is charged. Students who apply to more than one master's degree must pay the fee for each pre-enrolment request. Pre-enrolment requests cannot be processed until this fee has been paid.Fees will only be refunded if the master's degree in question is suspended.
- Reserved places: A maximum of 5% of the new places of the master's degree are reserved for students who meet the general and specific access requirements and accredit the recognition of a degree of disability equal to or greater than 33%.
- Pre-enrolment application
- Photocopy of degree certificate or equivalent qualification. In case of admission, foreign degrees that require so should be translated and authenticated through diplomatic channels before completing the enrolment.
- Other specific documentation related to the selection criteria
As a general rule, at the UB you will be required to enrol online via the Món UB portal. Remember that you can lose your place if you do not enrol on the day you have been assigned
- Documents required for enrolment
- Procedure to formalize enrolment
- Grants and financial aid (in Catalan)
- Economic information (in Catalan)
- Student Support Service
- Becas y ayudas (in Catalan)
- University Housing
Subjects and course plans
Distribution of credits
|Compulsory final project||24|
List of subjects
Placements in a company or another type of organization are an integral part of university studies, providing first-hand experience of working methodologies in students' chosen professional fields. They offer invaluable practical experience for the transition into work after graduation.
Placements are supervised by tutors and subject to assessment. They are therefore included in the academic record. There is also an option to complete non-curricular placements of up to 500 hours, which can be extended to 900 hours. For both curricular and non-curricular placements, an educational cooperation agreement is signed between the UB and the company, institution or other organization at which the placement will be carried out.