Objectives and competences
Applicant profile and access requirements
Recommended applicant profile
- Prior knowledge of music language and theory.
- Capacity for musical expression using traditional instruments and digital tools.
- Ability to create music to convey ideas and emotions in different styles and to specific audiences.
- Knowledge of the fundamental aspects of audio production, recording, and processing.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic sector that values independent initiative, the ability to work in teams, project management and common goals and mutual respect between disciplines and ideas.
- Interest in entrepreneurship and a professional career in the entertainment industries.
Access requirements and conditions
Admission for students with studies completed outside Spain.
Applicants holding higher educational qualifications from a university outside Spain should consult the page Admission with foreign qualifications to find out about specific admission requirements.
Students that have studied abroad and who wish to study at the University of Barcelona may be admitted to EHEA bachelor's degree courses. Procedures for gaining admission will depend on the qualifications held by each applicant.
For further information about admission, consult the page Admission with foreign qualifications.
As a general rule, at the UB you will be required to enrol online via the Món UB portal. To find out the date and time you have been assigned, check the specific information for your course. Remember that you can lose your place if you do not enrol on the day you have been assigned.
Support and guidance
Pre-enrolment information and events
Placements are supervised by tutors and subject to assessment.They are therefore included in the academic record. There is also an option to complete non-curricular placements of up to 500 hours, which can be extended to 900 hours. For both curricular and non-curricular placements, an educational cooperation agreement is signed between the UB and the company, institution or other organization at which the placement will be carried out.
What can you work on ?
The career opportunities are wide and allow you to combine different roles, so that you become a multidisciplinary music professional. The main career opportunities for this degree are:
- Music producer
- Sound designer
- Sound editor
- Recording or sound technician
- Specialist in mixing and mastering.
- Postproduction specialist.
- Music advisor.