The Audiovisual Production Unit of the University of Barcelona was created in 1987. Its mission is to produce audiovisual productions of professional quality in the field of teaching, research, knowledge transfer and the promotion of the institution. The functions of the Unit are:
- Production, editing and publication of all types of professional audiovisual productions for the university and the UB group.
- Recording in the studio of the Audiovisual Production Unit.
- Multi-camera production and live broadcast of conferences, seminars, congresses and academic and institutional events.
- Production and post-production of photographic reports and studies.
- Management of recording permissions and image rights.
- Management of the UBtv video portal, the UB YouTube channel and the social networks of the Audiovisual Production Unit.
- Creation of audiovisual content for social networks and mupies.
- Audiovisual co-production with other universities.